Trash A Test Song

Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
01/15/2007 4:09 am
Well it's my first attempt at a complete track. Drums, Bass and Guitar are all by me. The drums are midi the Bass and guitar are live recorded. I still can't get the drums to sound right when converting from midi to audio. Pissing me off. The guitar part is pretty shaky but it was a quick run through since the back track is nothing special. I'm just learning how to put all the pieces together from scratch. Up to now it's been solo over others backing tracks.

Trash
# 1
quickfingers
quickfingers
01/15/2007 4:41 am
wow...that drum "sound" reminds me of why i hate MIDI so much....haha. good **** though, man. i know MIDI is much more functional (and can sound good if you get some VST instruments) but i think if your just practicing for making songs, just find some audio drum samples on the web. alot of sites have em' for free; just google it or something. while audio clips are obviously unable to be edited to make an origional drum beat, it would blow your MIDI drums out of the water.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 2
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
01/15/2007 4:48 am
I'm not a midi fan myself...I use Guitar Pro 5 and use the RSE drums. Only problem is the bass drum loses a lot of presence when you convert to RSE. Why is beyond me. Its almost non-existant. Pisses me off, but the rest of the drums sound more realistic, so thats what I tend to use.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.