Midi Troubles

Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
01/14/2007 5:32 am
I'm in need of help. I'm a midiot and can't figure out how to get my midi drums to render some type of audio file. I'm using Cakewalk Guitar Studio 2. It's an old program but similar to sonar. I finally figured out how to work the midi drums and put down a beat. I didn't like the midi bass sounds so recorded the bass line live. I laid down a basic 12 bar blues rhythm and a lead track. When I save it to a wav file I get all tracks but the drums. What do I need to do to get the drums in the wav file?

Help Please..... :(
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/14/2007 7:30 am
Are you using an internal tone generator or an external drum machine ? If you are using an internal (plugin) you can do it with out hooking up anything using cakewalk. Exactly how will depend on the software. However if you are using a drum machine, the way I do it is to have the drum machine driven by the computer and take an audio line out of the drum machine and into a regular audio input of your interface / sound card and recording it as an overdub or what ever.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
01/14/2007 4:41 pm
The sounds are plugin with the software. I found I can save as midi format 0 and then open it in an old version of acid. However the high hat isn't there but the kick and the snare are. I'll mess with it some more today. Perhaps I'll try your advice a push the midi pattern through my SR16 and record that way. It has better drum sounds anyway. Thanks
# 3
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
01/14/2007 6:28 pm
Ok found a way to solve this. If anyone has this problem they might want to check it out. I downloaded a program called "Direct MIDI to MP3 Converter" original isn't it.... Anyway you can save your midi drums or whatever as midi format 0 and load it into the program and convert it in seconds to MP3, wave and other formats no problem. It's a 30 free trial and if you like it it costs $30.00 US... not bad.

If you want to check it out here is the link:
Pistonsoft MIDI to MP3 Converter

Thanks Doc for responding to the post.... :)
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.