View post (Economics)

View thread

Krunek
Krunek
01/15/2007 5:46 am
Originally Posted by: CW14I was tossing up between taking science or economics at uni for 2008.
Knew nothing about econ but I'd heard it was interesting and that economists rake in the dosh.
I ended up choosing science.

...and that's the story of my life.

Are there any opinions on economics as a career?

Hmmmm...Here present.I don"t know if any of you guys have seen the thread I posted before.I finished high school of economy I don"t know how else to describe it.It is kind of hard, we have a radically different schooling system.
With that school, I could get a job as a clerk of any kind; in a private firm, in a bank, in a state firm...Doing anything from accounting to comercial business.
Of course, since corruption is among highest in the Europe around here, that is not the case.Nepotism works much better than finishing school, but this is
strictly theoretical thread, right?
Now, since my folks didn"t have any cash, and I have a kid bro and sister at home, I didn"t went to college after school.My folks couldn"t afford it; so instead, I went to the army (obligatory round here).Afterwards; I got a job
and now I have enrolled a college.But not as a regular student, but studying with work.Difficult it is.So, I am studying economy at a moment.Here, in college, we have to specialize in the field of economy you would like to work in.As much as I understood, you do that in high school.I choose accounting, cause it was the simplest thing to enroll.Now, if I hopefully, finish that,
I can get a job as above mentioned, and other options are available then.
I could teach in school, or be an academic.Pretty much it.