View post (Battle of the Bands Audition)

View thread

Bluegrasslimey
Bluegrasslimey
01/13/2007 8:32 am
Originally Posted by: guitarfreak141On Monday we are auditioning for battle of the bands at the other guitarist's school. We played band night at my school and it went pretty good. We were the only freshmen band, so it didn't really matter if we were amazing, but we did good I think. We have a couple new songs, they are kind of weak so far though, we just need to tighten up a little. Last time we weren't sounding overly great at practice, but at the real thing we played better than we ever had before. Anyways, I'm really hoping we make the audition, and than practice as hard as we can until the show. There is sometimes a conflict of the type of music, for example, sometimes I'll want to play a straight up hard rock/blues jam type thing, but the drummer is more into softer music, so far it is working out though.

Also, this is the first time I've been in a band with my good friends instead of random people, and I like it a lot better.

Dood you got a good thing here. Having musicians with different influences is great. The thing is you can get around the differences by mixing these influences. IE your drummer can play a laid back beat giving you tempo and the other musicians can work to it. your bassist can play a walking bass line giving you an option to rock or blues it the rhythm guitar can put jazz chords over the top of that and you can add alittle overdrive and make your axe sing. This way each member of the band will pick up these influences and a new sound is born. Have fun experimenting and look at all sides of the band during discussion sessions. you'll soon find common ground to work with and get creative.

Good luck and have fun
:eek: [FONT=Century Gothic]Just groove, ya know ya wanna?????[/FONT] :eek: