View post (Battle of the Bands Audition)

View thread

guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
01/12/2007 2:08 am
On Monday we are auditioning for battle of the bands at the other guitarist's school. We played band night at my school and it went pretty good. We were the only freshmen band, so it didn't really matter if we were amazing, but we did good I think. We have a couple new songs, they are kind of weak so far though, we just need to tighten up a little. Last time we weren't sounding overly great at practice, but at the real thing we played better than we ever had before. Anyways, I'm really hoping we make the audition, and than practice as hard as we can until the show. There is sometimes a conflict of the type of music, for example, sometimes I'll want to play a straight up hard rock/blues jam type thing, but the drummer is more into softer music, so far it is working out though.

Also, this is the first time I've been in a band with my good friends instead of random people, and I like it a lot better.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?