Looking for Lead Sheet Software

leaddog1
leaddog1
01/09/2007 2:42 pm
Hi-
I've just joined Guitar Tricks, and am hoping someone can help me find an EASY software program for creating lead sheets. I'm getting sort of tired of music software programs that get in the way of creating instead of making things easier. (If it's easier to do with a piece of paper and a pencil, why do I need the computer?) So...does anyone use a program that they just love?
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]Electric Crustacean[/FONT] :cool:
# 1
ren
ren
01/09/2007 3:29 pm
I use powertab..... it annoys me now and again, but I haven't found better...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2

01/10/2007 11:55 am
I used powertab for many years it`s free and pretty simple of use.

Now I`ve changed to Guitar Pro. Lot more options and easier to use for tabbing multi-track songs.

They are also both GREAT tools for learning.
# 3
leaddog1
leaddog1
01/11/2007 2:27 pm
Thanks a bunch to you both! I took a quick look around at the web sites and features for both Power tab and Guitar Pro. Think I'm going to give Guitar Pro a try- it looks like it has lots of features I need and great explanations of how to do things. (I sure hope that's the case - it's the assumed tech knowledge & lack of clear instructions on how to do a task that has been frustrating to me with many of the music software programs.) Also, it looks like it will let me import files created in Power Tab and other programs, and export Wav files, which I assume I could then import to audio editing programs.

I sure do appreciate your help!
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]Electric Crustacean[/FONT] :cool:
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.