View post (The Disception of Metal)

View thread

polansky
polansky
01/11/2007 4:07 pm
Originally Posted by: BLS33Dude you need to stop reading guitar mags because they dont know anything about metal. [/QUOTE]

OK maybe I do, I'm just trying to get the more information that I can. I post more an log more into GT than read or buy magazines, I think is the same example... give me info to become a better musician.

[QUOTE=BLS33]slipknot just sucks.

Maybe I wasn't clear... I like slipknot, but I don't think they are like really great musicians (let's face it, the clown and Chris the big nose one don't do much for the music, and the spikehead guy... ha ha ha, I don't have and idea of what he does for the music, he's just hedbanging all the time), but the first time I saw the disasterpirces DVD, I felt the agression, the violence of the show... for me that's what music is all about... making you feel something, that's why I like them.

Maybe I'm wrong but... Phill Collins can't read music sheets... my point is, I know that music education IS the cornerstone, and the tools make things happen, but music doesn't come from writting it down in a perfect score, I't comes from the heart and soul (does that sounded tooo gay or it's just me?).
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.