View post (The Disception of Metal)

View thread

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/10/2007 5:25 pm
How does konwing how to read sheet music effect the way someone can play and write songs. If I took a music class to refresh my memory on how to read it, it wouldn't make be a better player or write better riffs.

I like Slipknot, I think they play heavy **** that sounds great, but even a lot of their fans don't like them anymore because 10 year old kids wearing their hoodies ruined it for everyone. But SLipknot is like The BLue Man Group meets Throwdown, and I love it.

With Dragonforce, they're ok. Theres a few songs I like by them,and its mostly becuase of their singer. He's got a pretty good voice and it fits the music well. But a lot of people think the guitarists are blazing fast but a lot of their work is peppered with their keyboardist playing blazing fast (which I think they have him play too loud.)

But if theres one thing I hate, its a band that can't play live. Listen to a cd and going to see a band live it 2 totally different experiences. When they play like garbage or the setup sounds horrible, it ruins the show and I become completly unintrested. Last time that happened to me was at a Korn Deftones show, Deftones had a horrible setup and I sat in my seat for most of their set, the Korn came on and rocked the place.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace