View post ((semi urgent) is this a deal?)

View thread

Bluegrasslimey
Bluegrasslimey
01/13/2007 7:37 am
Originally Posted by: Poontang_clanokay i found a Yamaha AW2816 its a 16 track recorder with 8 inputs they are TRS and there are 2 XLR imputs with phantom power. It will cost 500 canadian plus tax.
Is this a good unit to record with and is it valuable.
Our band has discussed going into a studio and i just dont see the point in going to record songs for so much money.
thanks for your replies

http://emusician.com/daw/emusic_yamaha_aw/

I am not familiar with this unit and it depends where you are going to record. I personally use a Digitech GNX4 straight in to my pc The difficulty will be getting the levels right I assume you will have some one to monitor this if you are recording as a band. If this is for home recording on your own then go for the GNX and route it in to your pc with the supplied cable. For band recording the the multitrack is best. see if there is a way of transfering the music to a pc in .wav format for editing. If you can then transfer each track individually and get something like music maker by magix to import the tracks in to so you can get a good ballance. you may even be able to root the sound output from the pc back through the reorder. Whatever happens it would pay to mix on a pc and then burn on to cd, so when hawking your stuff around for gigs etc it will be easier to play snapshots of your stuff to potential clients
:eek: [FONT=Century Gothic]Just groove, ya know ya wanna?????[/FONT] :eek: