View post (Oh Glorious Day... If You're a Bassist.)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/29/2001 12:10 am
I saw their first public jam (while at a Primus concert). It basicly consisted of Stuart and Les grooving, and Trey masturbating. It definately was cool, but that said, the coolest part was when Ler walked back on stage; he had a swaggar in his step, a chip on his shoulder, and a bottle of beer in his hand. He took back his PRS from Trey (Les and Stuart were still jamming) then proceded to SMOKE Trey's behind. Beer bottle slide, shredding, you name it, he did it. At the end of the solo the lights went off, he spat a mouthful of beer into the air as the lights went off producing a stunning "fountain" effect, and Les Ler and Stuart finished "Harold of the Rocks," the tune Primus had started at the beginning of all that mayhem.

But since then they've practiced, wrote songs, and recorded. I have to say that structure helps Trey out a lot. You can download a full mp3 of "Mr. Oysterhead" off of http://www.oysterhead.com. It's a pretty cool tune, but I try not to listen to it every day, you'll see why.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons