Newbie alert.

Bluegrasslimey
Bluegrasslimey
01/06/2007 9:47 am
Hi everyone.

Just a short intro and bio?

My names Rod and i live in the UK been playing guitar for 20 yrs plus self taught. Still learning so i know you vetrans will help me out.

I use a variety of guitars from Jackson to MC2 ( new make over here and most excellent. ) My styles include Rock ,Blues,Jazz and whatever takes my fancy. I love the Blues the most.

I use a GNX4 for all my recording since i got it 18 months ago and have produced 11 albums of music of a variety of styles. Oh as a recording artist????? i'm not that good. I just do what comes to me and enjoy it. Every now and again i get a jem but i burn everything on to cd so i can listen to it and learn from my mistakes. I also play Bass, keboards and drums on all my music. all self taught i might add.

As for my age, well i'm over 21 and lets leave it at that. I still remember Deep purple when they were starting out if that's anything to go by and Peter purves was on Blue peter. Top of the pops had Pans people when i appeared on there with the St Andrews choir singing cloud 99 which became When a child is born a year later for Johnny Mathis. ( Grrr he got a number one out of that.) Oh i was 9 may be 10 then, old age is getting to my brain. LOL.

Well that's a little about me so now it's back to playing one of my 26 guitars, Yup i collect them like people collect stamps. the more unusual the more i want to grab it. Need 3000 quid for a skull n boner though so better get some overtime in. My MC2's are my work horses if you get to see or try one you'll see why. Got em for a song too. 160 for a pair and they retail at over a grand for the pair. I got the only 2 blue flame tops in the country so i am lucky. these were demo's and i got em woohooo.

Chat to you soon and if ican help anyone i will certainly do that.

Ta,Ta!!!!!
:eek: [FONT=Century Gothic]Just groove, ya know ya wanna?????[/FONT] :eek:
# 1
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/06/2007 1:05 pm
Welcome to GT! Great bio. Sounds like you and I may be around the same age but where you've been playing for a good while, I am a relative newbie to the guitar (about 18 months or so). Don't be surprised if some of us come to you with questions! :)

There are plenty of great resources and people here. If you can't find the answer to a question here, then there probably is no answer.

Again, welcome to GT. Have fun.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/06/2007 5:46 pm
Wwelcome aboard! :)

Your bio reminds me of something I say once in a while:

"I'm old enough to teach 'The History of Rock'n'Roll' from memory - if only I could remember....

:o
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
earthman buck
earthman buck
01/06/2007 7:56 pm
Welcome to GT!

I find it funny that someone named "Bluegrasslimey" plays a Jackson. :)
# 4
Fret spider
Fret spider
01/06/2007 8:11 pm
welcome aboard dude.
# 5
pure
pure
01/06/2007 8:52 pm
yo.welcometogt(mykeyb oard'sscrewed!)
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 6
strat-man
strat-man
01/06/2007 8:58 pm
Welcome to the boards fella :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 7
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
01/06/2007 11:29 pm
Hiya, welcome to GT, just one question, where do you leave all your 26 guitars? around the house for little kids to wreck em? ;) I'm afraid I might be having a lot as well in time cuz I'm too lazy to sell :p but if you're 21+ we're the same age lol
= good music is good drinking =
# 8
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
01/07/2007 1:04 am
Yep, welcome to the site! A great place to learn, share what you know, make a few friends, and just kill some time.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 9
Bluegrasslimey
Bluegrasslimey
01/07/2007 6:12 pm
Hi all
Many thansk for the welcome.

As for the Jackson, i have a warlock as well and play all styles on both. The Jacko is great for the more heavy blues and both give me great tone. I don't think of guitars as horses for courses. Every guitar can if played right give great tone for all styles. I have one made from vibracel which is a kind of plastic and that sounds awesome. ;) Personal choice is always relevant for guitars. Mine, well thats all of them. I just love the guitar. :D
# 10
Bluegrasslimey
Bluegrasslimey
01/07/2007 6:15 pm
Originally Posted by: GuitarPsyHiya, welcome to GT, just one question, where do you leave all your 26 guitars? around the house for little kids to wreck em? ;) I'm afraid I might be having a lot as well in time cuz I'm too lazy to sell :p but if you're 21+ we're the same age lol

Hi, well i built a special cabinet for mine. But ran out of space so i have to extend it. My actual age???? 42 in february. I still have the kid in me though as my playstation 2 xbox and pc games will show. My only child lives with her mother but is becoming a very keen musician herself. I wonder where she gets that from? :D
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.