View post (Lost Hendrix Anthem!?!)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/12/2007 12:29 am
Opinion? Did someone say they wanted an opinon? Well, being quite the gas-bag, I am always willing to throw my two cents worth. I did listen to it and I got admit it does sound kinda like Jimi. Granted, if the history is correct, it was almost recorded as a goof and it would not be as polished as the stuff I have heard. The techniques are all there.

On the other hand, unless they find someway to authenticate it, it will remain a mystery.

Years ago, I had a case in NYC where someone was suing a rather famous musician for a copyright infringement. We paid a audiologist and a musicologist a boatload of cash to listen to the two tracks and analyze what they heard. It came back pretty convincing that the music was that of the author (our co-def) and not of the plaintiff. They ran the songs through about 30 different tests, computers and audio-spectrographs and found 'a proponderence of evidence' that our guys playing style 'matched' the song.

I guess if these guys were really convinced they had something of Jimi's, they could go that route. Pretty pricey though.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]