At last!!

Krunek
Krunek
01/04/2007 5:53 am
Got it.Got it.Got it.GOT IT!!!! :D
Bought a new guitar, I did.First of all, I would like to thank all of the guys here that helped me out on the matter.It was a hard decision to make and it took quite a while to fulfill it, but...
Second, I am not such a great guitarist, so this review will probably be worse than the ones posted by others, but, maybe it will help someone.And yeah, OK.I want to brague.Hehe.
Ibanez; RG 370.Baswood body, maple neck.Color?Some kind of grey.Dunno for certain, bought it second hand from some dude.I have a GSA 60 at home and I have been wanting a guitar with a locking tremolo for a while now.My heart greatest desire was RG 350 DX; but they are kind of hard to come by in these parts, and I found this 370 that was really cheap, so I grabbed the oportunitiy.Frankly, I don"t even find it beautiful, but it was really a bargain.
1700 HRK, that is about 300$, give or take.The pickups on this baby are
powersound.HSH.I have the same pickups on the GSA, but the difference between the two guitars is huge.RG has much more clearer sound and is much louder.Bridge pup is a screamer; although it sounds kind of thin.of course, bare in mind this guitar is made for heavy metal, so maybe that is it.Anyhow, I think I shall replace that one.The neck and middle work like a charm.Nice, clean sound, with plenty of bite when I stomp on a drive.
The neck is a Wizard. (Wizard II?)Really, really thin.The difference between two guitars was huge.It took some time to get used to it, and I am still faster on a GSA.Eventually , this will change, but it really takes getting used to.Frets on RG are jumbo.It makes tapping a lot easier and cleaner.
But, at the same time, it is harder for me to get pinch harmonics here.Dunno why.Maybe I need some getting used to.The bridge is an edge; Ibanez version of floyd.Works really well.I detuned it few times while using a tremolo, but I think it was cause the guy i bought it from didn"t play it for a while.After a few tunings (I had to unlock the bridge; couldn"t fine tune it, went really out of tune) it played like a butter, no getting out of tune even under heavy abuse with a whammy bar.Only thing I don"t like about the trem is the fact that a tremolo bar is not locked in, it is just put in the hole on the bridge.So it hangs loose, which is pretty annoying, but...The wolume and tone knob give me some concern...When turnin up the wolume or tone, at some point I get this really loud hum.The guy at a guitar shop told me to change pots, which I will on a firts pay.Finish is great, not a scratch on it
(although I am sure I will change this in a matter of weeks :( clumsy guy like me.)Hmmm, I think that is about it.I only have it for a day now.
Sorry if this wasn"t written with some more expertise, but like I mentioned
before, I am not such a great guitarist.Just a guy thal likes to play. ;)

Thanks again to all of you guys for having patience with all my questions.
Finally, it has come to an (happy) end.Bought a guitar with a locking trem,
this is probably the last investment I put into music for a while.Except for efforts, of course.
Thanks fellas!!
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/04/2007 7:49 am
I'm glad you like it!

Now, please read the sticky thread posted at the top of this part of the forum, and edit your post to fit the requirements. Otherwise, this is not a valid review, and I will move it to Gear Discussion.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Krunek
Krunek
01/04/2007 8:31 am
Oh sorry.Read it.Didn"t know about that.Give me 24 hours, I shall try to work on the thread in that time.If I don"t make it by then, well, move it.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.