im in morroco its weird

Fret spider
Fret spider
01/03/2007 4:07 pm
i am in morroc with a friend, in an internet cafe . i cant speak arabic or french so i feel real foreign. its pretty cool though, we overlook this big square. (oh were in marakesh)

an in the square there are these stalls and a bunch of local musicions, they've got some real weird music but i like it. and snake charmers and these weird pecussion things.

but yeh its great really enjoyin it.

tomorrow we go over the noubtains on a bus into the dester. we are gonna go to this huge oasis ahich should be pretty cool.

the really shockin thing is the temperatures, its 25 deg C in the day and about 4 deg C at night, auite a change.

but again its reall cool. yah its fun
# 1
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
01/03/2007 5:58 pm
thats awesome! i saw marakesh thru discovery i think...be careful of your bag tho...take some pictures u must!
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 2
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
01/04/2007 1:35 am
Sounds interesting indeed!
Closest I've ever been to Morocco is a t-shirt my sister got for me when she was there. It has some Arabic writing on it, which surprises some of the convenience store owners round here when they see me, a clean-shaven American white guy, wearing it. Kinda funny. One told me it was roughly translated, "God be with you". Others have been totally "westernized" and can't read it at all. I dunno what this has to do with anything...just made me think of it.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 3
Fret spider
Fret spider
01/06/2007 7:54 pm
yo yo. in another enternet cafe.

this place ois awsome. ive never met such nice people before. we travelled through the mountains to the dester. and had to get a taxi. and cos we werent local this old man was with us tryin to help get us a lift for like 3 hours. and he didnt ask for anythin.

where ever you go people say bonjour or helo.

when i was in the dester we stayed with this berber family. after dinner lots of drumms were played and someone played violinm they used really weird scales, stuff i really aint used to but it was an eye opener and was cool.

we spent a night int he destert, we rod in on cammels and camped. before the sun went down we climbed this huge sand dune. i mean really huge. like it took us 20 minns. and was steep at parts. we could see for miles arround. then we watched the sun set wich was inpressive.

goin back to maraketch tomorrow through the mountins have to get up at 5 am, :( . and its a 11 hour journey but there are really good views when you go through the mountains.

anyway, i'll be home on tuesday, but i am really enjoyin it.
# 4
earthman buck
earthman buck
01/06/2007 8:15 pm
Awesome! That sounds really cool.

Why is it that you are in Morocco? Just a vacation?
# 5
Fret spider
Fret spider
01/06/2007 8:22 pm
pretty much.

my friend mentioned he was goin, i asked if he wanted compny, he said yes so we went.

managed to organise the flights for 110 pounds and i think i will be able to keep ny expenditure her under 130.

so its been pretty cheap all things considered.
# 6
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
01/06/2007 8:33 pm
Yep, sounds really cool!
I've been to what they call the Great Sand Dunes (about 700 ft.) here in the States. You look at it from the bottom and think, yeah I can get to the top no problem. Man...walking uphill in sand is really hard, and distance is deceiving, haha.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 7
Fret spider
Fret spider
01/08/2007 10:44 am
it was pretty hard. i tried it again in the middle of the night, but i went a different route and the sand was soft. i didnt make it, i made it high enough to see the moon light over the dunes, they were all silver and black. i thought it was prettty.

im back in maraketch now. the bus that i thought was at 5 in the mornin was a 5 in the afternoon. we got up for nothin.

you might think this is better but it wasnt. the bus was packed and it went through the night. we arrived 6.30 in the morinin. pretty much the whole way a baby was cryin. i didnt sleep much. but im here now and i am glad but pretty tierd. i cpould go to bed but that would be wastefull better go experience moroco. who needs sleep anyway :D .
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.