View post (A tip of the hat to the GT members)

View thread

iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
01/08/2007 7:19 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60Gross? Really? That certainly wasn't my intention. It's tough for me to fight my natural inclination which is never to notice anything good. But I am trying to change the way I see things and I just wanted to note how impressed I am by the folks here at GT. I find most to be very friendly and helpful. It's nice to see compassion and understanding and a willingness to help.

It's my natural world-view to see things in a very, very negative way. I have always believed that all good acts are simply a cover for their true intentions. I have always believed that no one does anything out of the goodness of their heart. That there is always an ulterior motive. Something hidden, something sinister.

But like I said, I was trying to change my world-view.

But I've learned something; it's practically impossible to change your true-self and if you decide to try it, do it in private. No sense in laying yourself open in public. Nothing good comes from that.

So I learned something. And no day is a waste when you learn something.

Selah,

H60

Sorry I didn't mean to rain on the parade. I'm just cynical and non-sentimental.

Word.