The Almighty Chorus Box

ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
01/02/2007 12:32 am
...So, I'm getting off my rp-80 after all the nightmares i realised it causes during a gig.
So, I've already bought a digitech delay (sweet deal by the way...$65 USD on ebay- it wasn't even posted for an hour when i snatched it).

NOw it's time to purchase a chorus pedal...there's so many...anyways the poll says it all. An explanation of why each pedal would be great too...thankyou all in advance.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 1
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
01/02/2007 1:16 am
the yamaha magicstomp....discontinued now but you may find one at the stores still.....$300 when they came out....$79 now....it is a muti-effects stomp box...the chorus is unbelievably lush..stereo ==34 parameters to adjust. 8 band chorus is incredible!!! it was the best pedal purchase i have ever made. it has yamaha's rack mount electronics in it. also has the best delays and reverbs. good phase and flange as well.
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 2
speedpicker88
speedpicker88
01/02/2007 3:16 am
Originally Posted by: AkiraI voted for the Boss CH-1.

Having used this pedal for several years, it just sounds great. I can't think of any other way to explain it really, but I know there are some other people on here who would back me up on how good the CH-1 is. :p

Oh yeah, and the price aint bad in most places.

most defintely, i have owned the CH-1 for 4 years and I love it, it can be very sweet and mellow, or very aggressive and rough, I love this pedal compared to everything else Ive heard.
"Fire, to being whipping dance of the dead, blackened is the end, to being whipping dance of the dead, color our world Blackened."
# 3
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
01/03/2007 2:36 am
CE-1 sounds pretty cool...I'll test one out.

Anyone tried the nano clone yet? I heard good things about the small clone from Brenden, but am curious whether or no this matches up.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 4
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
01/03/2007 11:30 pm
I voted for the CH-1, simply because it's the one that I've got, and I love it. I've never played any of the others though. Try several out before ordering one though. The CH-1 is quite versatile and does sound very good.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 5
aschleman
aschleman
01/04/2007 1:05 pm
I didn't vote, only because I can't really choose between the two Boss pedals...

In my opinion Boss offers the best value in pedals. You can't go wrong with a Boss pedal no matter what it is... you'll always find a use for it. They're built better than any other pedals out there and they sound better than any pedal out there (arguably).

So, I say either Boss pedal would be a winner. If you want some more info on those Boss pedals check out the thread that I had awhile back called 'Tone Guide': http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19810

Download the .pdf at the bottom that I suggested, it has a tooooon of good stuff about pedals. They're specifically Boss pedals but every pedal follows the same basic principals.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.