Strap buttons

strat-man
strat-man
12/29/2006 10:48 pm
My acoustic has the obligatory strap button at the bottom of the body but i want to fit another so that i can use a strap (don't like the Elvis Presley boot lace round the neck style!) so my question is where do i fit it? i'm thinking a similar position to a les paul, i.e top shoulder with maybe a bit of wood inside the body for re-inforcement, what do you guys think? anyone got any pics they can post? any help appreciated, thanks guys.
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/29/2006 11:29 pm
A common place is the 'heel' where the neck is fitted into the body. There is a lot of wood there, so you don't need to reinforce anything.

The only thing is, because the button is sticking out from the back of the guitar, it may cause some clearance issues with a hard-shell case.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
strat-man
strat-man
12/30/2006 11:49 am
Ah yeah, vaguely remember reading somethin bout that way back, i shall get on with it, many thanx LATS :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.