Question for Mr LATS

strat-man
strat-man
12/29/2006 10:40 pm
Or anybody else that can answer it,
I have three effects pedals all of the same make all powered from a multi outlet psu, however, when i switch on the psu at the socket one of the pedals becomes live (switched on) whilst the othe two don't (which is how i like it/should be) so my question is..... is it a faulty switch..... or have the wires to the switch been connected the wrong way round? i'm capable of unsoldering them and swapping them over or replacing the switch, just need to know what the problem is! any help appreciated, many thanks.
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/29/2006 11:37 pm
Old-style mechanical switches stay where you leave them, but new pedals use transistor switching circuits that may have 'default' conditions designed-in. It seems that one of your pedals is designed to power-up in the active state. If that's how you like it, be happy.

This is not a user-controlled setting, so you're stuck with whatever the manufacturer decided for you. It's always a good idea to take a look at your pedals to see what's happening before you start to play.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
12/30/2006 5:47 am
Yea, my pos Grunge pedal has to be switched on when Its powered vs my whammy that enguages as soon as the power is hooked up.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/30/2006 8:12 am
Originally Posted by: AkiraCompletely unrelated to the thread topic, but, you should totally have your own chat show.

Ironic, that. In person, I'm generally pretty quiet. Not talkative at all. I just pick up things along the way and I share the bits that seem to be useful.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
strat-man
strat-man
12/30/2006 11:43 am
Guess i'll have to live with it then, but at least i know its not faulty, many thanx for the info LATS :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.