View post (My next piece of gear...)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
01/06/2007 7:13 pm
Originally Posted by: alucard0941Does the "Burn" channel sound like a modern distortion channel, or is it more of an highly overdriven crunch sound?

If you go here http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2160500400 they have sound files that you can listen to.

IT can get a good "modern" distortion sound... but it's still a tad bit on the weak side. With an overdrive pedal I'm sure it will sound amazing though. The Burn channel sounds pretty good by itself... It doesn't hold up to the JCM8 that I have but it gets close enough that I can use a pedal or two to put the tone where it needs to be. I don't use a lot of heavy tones when I play so it's not that big of a deal to me... This amp is more for players that play a lot of clean stuff or overdriven stuff like SRV... and also classic rock and sutff like that. It can do the heavy rock thing but you'll need a few pedals... I personally can play a whole set with just this amp... granted I'll have to tweak a few knobs here and there between a few songs but mostly it gets so many different tones it almost seems like it's a modeling amp... but it's not. The Vibrolux/Bassman feature is killer for vintage tones.