Seymour Duncan Livewire

speedpicker88
speedpicker88
12/27/2006 4:07 am
This pickup is an 18 (yes i said 18!)volt bridge only pickup, and I was wondering if anybody has ever played, owned or heard the Livewire pickup. I have heard it and read reviews on it, and have heard nothing but good about it. Ive heard people say its better than EMG's and one person even told me that he put it in his Bronze series Warlock and I heard him play it and my god it sounded killer. I have a Platinum Series Warlock and I want to install this pickup, I think it would be killer, anybody else think this is a bad or good idea or what? I would kill for an active on my guitar, my other pickup will be passive, but it can work with one active and one passive. It will just be the routing out and the installation im worried about, well any feedback about this pickup is appreciated, thanks guys.
joe -speedpicker88
"Fire, to being whipping dance of the dead, blackened is the end, to being whipping dance of the dead, color our world Blackened."
# 1
alucard0941
alucard0941
12/27/2006 4:27 am
Active pickups will sound basically the same on any guitar. You probably cant tell the difference whether its on a squire, or les paul. Thats cause the "sound" is from the active pickup and it overrides the guitar's natural woody tone. If it sounded killer on our friend's Rich, then its probably gonna sound just as good on yours.
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/27/2006 6:32 am
^^^^^^^^
What he said.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.