DAMAGED ONE
12/26/2006 7:18 pm
I would do the chicken dance naked in the rain with Vince Neil :D
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 1
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
12/27/2006 9:28 pm
Originally Posted by: DAMAGED ONEI would do the chicken dance naked in the rain with Vince Neil :D
Id go to Hell and Back------ Oh Snap I already do that for free!!!!
# 2
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
12/27/2006 11:51 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraI'd do nothing, really.

I don't get it when people play the lottery and stuff in the hope they'll win millions of dollars/pounds/whatever so they can live the "dream life". Where's the satisfaction in that? I'd rather earn my way through life, and even then, I'm not really into the idea of living a life of excess and extreme materialism. I mean, I obviously do have a materialistic side to me, I think everyone does to a certain degree, it's hard not too in this society, but I don't see why for some people this is the only aim in life.

Sorry if I spoiled an innocent thread with my ranting. :p

You know, I agree with you but it's still fun to think about what you would do if a million or two dropped in your lap. In answering the question posed in the thread, I think it would be a much shorter list to show what I wouldn't do for a million bucks. :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 3
earthman buck
earthman buck
12/28/2006 7:08 am
It would take more than a million to get me to do anything really outrageous. A guy from around here won a million bucks a couple years ago, and it was mostly gone in about a year and a half. Apparently once you take care of debts, get a couple needed luxuries, and put a bit away for your kids, a million isn't really a whole lot.
# 4
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
12/28/2006 8:20 am
id travel around the world looking for GT members...then drink heaps of beer...imagine the stories i could tell my kids...woooot
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 5
Fret spider
Fret spider
12/28/2006 12:37 pm
i'd get a million dollar guitar built for me :D
# 6
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
12/28/2006 1:02 pm
Originally Posted by: jeffhxid travel around the world looking for GT members...then drink heaps of beer...imagine the stories i could tell my kids...woooot
I knew I liked you Cheers Bro!!
# 7
aschleman
aschleman
12/28/2006 2:03 pm
I wouldn't do anything that would cause A) any hurt to anyone besides temporary pain to myself... B) I wouldn't do anything that caused a permantent affect... C) I wouldn't do anything that would seperate me from the people that I care about... and D) I wouldn't do anything that involved me embarrassing myself on television....

Those are pretty much my only guidelines.

If I had a million dollars....? I would pay off all my student loans then invest the rest and let it collect interest so I could open my own concert venue/night club/bar/restaraunt somewhere when I'm about 35 or so.... and invite all my fellow GT'ers to the grand opening.
# 8
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
12/28/2006 3:20 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanIf I had a million dollars....? I would pay off all my student loans then invest the rest and let it collect interest so I could open my own concert venue/night club/bar/restaraunt somewhere when I'm about 35 or so.... and invite all my fellow GT'ers to the grand opening.
That a great ideal Think about how much one shot of wiskey is times how much is in a 5th. $3.50 a shot * say 72 shots in a bottle = $252.00 a bottle off a $15.00 bottle. Good way to make money! :eek:
# 9
WrigglerUk
WrigglerUk
12/28/2006 3:52 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraI'd do nothing, really.

I don't get it when people play the lottery and stuff in the hope they'll win millions of dollars/pounds/whatever so they can live the "dream life". Where's the satisfaction in that? I'd rather earn my way through life, and even then, I'm not really into the idea of living a life of excess and extreme materialism. I mean, I obviously do have a materialistic side to me, I think everyone does to a certain degree, it's hard not too in this society, but I don't see why for some people this is the only aim in life.

Sorry if I spoiled an innocent thread with my ranting. :p

I think this has the makings of an interesting discussion! I admire Akira's principles... but wait till you're middle aged with still 10 years mortgage payments and a daughter wanting to go to uni (abroad even! silly ****! ) and a wife who's business is only just breaking even, I wonder if you'd change? I wouldn't really change any of it, the love & challenges they've brought me is beyond any price, but the fantasy of someone offering you money to do something outrageous is sure interesting! I'd want it in English pounds though! ;)
Can you play "Far Far Away?"

Yes - how far would you like?
# 10
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
12/28/2006 10:15 pm
I am with Sean here. It dawned on me when in England last year...I was talking with a coworker about Steven Gerrard, who earns 100 000 Pounds a week from Liverpool Football (soccer) club. Some of his team mates are earning about 30 000 pounds every week. Obviously Gerrard earns more than most of his team mates, but once you've bought a car, a house, etc...what can you possibly do with 100 000 pounds every week that you could not do with 30 000?

I worked damn hard last year and I managed to save enough money to buy myself a 2000 Pound Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 Artist Package...If I earned 100 000 Pounds every week, I'd have 50 of those guitars every week...and if you have 50, then its not really that special, is it?

I'd love to be financially comfortable, but being outright rich would kill all of my passions.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 11
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
12/29/2006 1:21 pm
I want a new tour bus full of old guitars
My own star on Hollywood Boulevard
Somewhere between Cher and
James Dean is fine for me
Hey Hey I wanna be a rock star
# 12
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
12/29/2006 1:39 pm
Originally Posted by: DAMAGED ONEI want a new tour bus full of old guitars
My own star on Hollywood Boulevard
Somewhere between Cher and
James Dean is fine for me
Hey Hey I wanna be a rock star

"So how ya' gonna do it?"
# 13
aschleman
aschleman
12/29/2006 1:43 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60"So how ya' gonna do it?"

I'm going to do it by building effects pedals......... or so my dream says so.... :cool:
# 14
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
12/29/2006 4:29 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanI'm going to do it by building effects pedals......... or so my dream says so.... :cool:
Hey, Remember the older guitars that had different effect cards or boxes you could change out in the back of the guitar? With todays Tech one could build a guitar with modeling all ready in the guitar! Or has Line 6 beat us to it? I could have bought one of those line 6 guitars but I dont care for the way it looks! (NOT ROCK ENOUGH) :(
# 15
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
12/29/2006 4:44 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanI'm going to do it by building effects pedals......... or so my dream says so.... :cool:

Sorry, I was trying to allude to that voice in the background of the song that kinda mumbles after each verse. Yeah, build them boxes! I am so envious of you guys with mechanical abilities. Heck, I get stymied with my electric razor and you guys know how to build stuff.

That's just so cool. If you do build some boxes, put 'em out there. I'll buy a couple. Of course,I am assuming a generous discount for your GT buds.... :rolleyes:
# 16
alucard0941
alucard0941
12/29/2006 4:54 pm
The sensation of dreaming is always more pleasureable than the reality.
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 17
aschleman
aschleman
12/29/2006 5:28 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60Sorry, I was trying to allude to that voice in the background of the song that kinda mumbles after each verse. Yeah, build them boxes! I am so envious of you guys with mechanical abilities. Heck, I get stymied with my electric razor and you guys know how to build stuff.

That's just so cool. If you do build some boxes, put 'em out there. I'll buy a couple. Of course,I am assuming a generous discount for your GT buds.... :rolleyes:

Haha, I knew what you were referring to.... I just couldn't help myself by slipping a reference to my "dream". After I get a few builds under my belt I will definitely take orders for any GT'ers who would like some. I'm looking at doing a few Overdrive pedals to start out... since they're pretty basic. I've been really looking at building a Wah and overdrive pedal all in one in the future... where the wah works seperately from the overdrive, but the overdrive is activated the same way the wah is normally activated...... That's just wishful thinking....

The dream certainly is sweeter than the reality. I'm not doing it for the money... I'm doing because I'm bored. :rolleyes:
# 18
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
12/29/2006 6:50 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanI've been really looking at building a Wah and overdrive pedal all in one in the future... where the wah works seperately from the overdrive, but the overdrive is activated the same way the wah is normally activated......
Just make sure the pivot on the pedal stays in place when you remove your foot some Wah pedals will fall down if you remove your foot. I want a wah to be on but not move from a setting and use it just for the tone. (Not wah wah) :cool:
# 19
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
12/29/2006 7:02 pm
Originally Posted by: DAMAGED ONEJust make sure the pivot on the pedal stays in place when you remove your foot some Wah pedals will fall down if you remove your foot. I want a wah to be on but not move from a setting and use it just for the tone. (Not wah wah) :cool:

http://www.music123.com/Dunlop-Crybaby-Q-Zone-Pedal-i231775.music
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.