if you were getting a guitar what would youo prefer...

Fret spider
Fret spider
12/25/2006 9:47 pm
if we give points on how good a guitar is in three catagories. sound, playability, and looks. and they can score a maximum of five and minimum of 0 points on each catagory, and you have 10 points to use.

so for instance you could have 5 for sound, 5 for playability and 0 for looks.
this would mean a guitar that sounds and plays fantastically but looks like a pile of sh#t.

i think i would have sound 5, playability 4, looks 1.

how about you?
# 1
speedpicker88
speedpicker88
12/26/2006 6:10 pm
hmm, well there is too many to choose from for me. There is the Dean Razorback and the Dean from Hell, and those get a 5 on looks big time, a 2 on playability, and a 3 on sound. The neck on those deans are very rough and feel kind of like sandpaper against ur fingertips. But there is also some kickn Les Pauls, which I can't even rate with only 10 points. such as the Zakk Wylde Gibson (not Epiphone) Les Paul and the 3 pickup Black Beauty Les Paul, those cannot even be measure in 10 points.
"Fire, to being whipping dance of the dead, blackened is the end, to being whipping dance of the dead, color our world Blackened."
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/27/2006 2:20 am
I think your 5 - 4 - 1 is pretty good.

Sound 5: Sound is everything! **** the video - music is ear candy.

Playability 3: Some guitars are just plain gnarly, but the sound is worthwhile. A vintage Telecaster, for instance. They sound best with the action a bit high, and the funky intonation forces you to work around some runs. But there's nothing else that brings that sound.

Looks 1: My guitars tend to look good, because I generally look after them well. That said, one of my favourites is nicknamed 'The Beater' because of the condition it was in when I bought it. But it sounds wonderful! :D
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
speedpicker88
speedpicker88
12/27/2006 4:02 am
yea i would choose a 4 on playablity, 5 on sound, and 1 on looks, looks arne't eventhing, just cosmetic. :D
"Fire, to being whipping dance of the dead, blackened is the end, to being whipping dance of the dead, color our world Blackened."
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.