electronics and pedal books

Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
12/25/2006 7:52 pm
Right guys, I am looking to buy a book that explains pedals and their workings,from a theoretical point.
I am looking to use this as a reference text now and to start building, or start researching building my own pedal designs rather than just schematics I have found on the internet. I want to understand why various components are preferable to others in various positions etc...anyone know of a book that does this nicely?

I have found many on tube amp building and maintainence, but this is not what I am looking for, I am specifically looking for pedals or effects...

anyone any help?
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
12/28/2006 2:07 pm
**** Found a nifty site for a tubescreamer: http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/TStech/tsxtech.htm

I've looked around a ton and can't find much literature on the actual building of pedals... I've been really interested in this for the past few months as well.... I think I'm just going to round up some schematics for a few pedals and build my own replica's for the first few to get use to how it all works... All the while I'm hoping I can find some literature on the basics of pedal electronics... Something that explains the components a little better...
# 2
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
12/28/2006 9:30 pm
Yeah, thats what I have been doing, there are many many sites with schematics and such. The problem is, not many books pertain to guitar electronics in particular...there is one book, Electronics for Guitarists, I believe it is called, but all of the reviews I have found of it, seem to conclude that it is out of date, and focuses on specific products, rather than general functions and uses of components. I am going to order "Designing Audio Circuitry"{ byRober Sonthheimer...it seems to be roughly what I am looking for, but again, not specific to guitar pedals...it is however, published by Elekto Electronics, and I like there other publications, generally very good...so I'm gonna try it, I'll let you know if it covers what we both seem to be looking for.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.