check check check!

quickfingers
quickfingers
12/25/2006 12:06 am
just put up a new song on my purevolume an hour or so ago. just something i was messing around with for the past few days...for some reason i had a really hard time making drum tracks that i didnt totally hate, but here it is.

http://www.purevolume.com/thechadvandykeexperience

its called "the switcheroo". tell me what you think.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 1
KiL Zero
KiL Zero
01/03/2007 3:41 am
Woah, that's pretty good.
But make the lead and, well, all the guitar sounds louder. Well at least loud enough so the song doesn't become lead by a fake drum.
# 2
quickfingers
quickfingers
01/09/2007 1:35 am
trueee dat.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 3
WERNER 1
WERNER 1
01/09/2007 7:32 pm
I really like the feel and the groove of that track.......good stuff...kind of funky :)

It seemed to me that the drums were very dry and upfront (Louder/in you face )sounding compared to the rhythm guitar that was panned L..... then when the solo came in it seemed very dry and raw....even more so than the drum track.

I was diggin' the bass a lot.

One other thing was that I wasn't picking up anything on the right except the beginning of a drum fill / roll-out.(??).. Maybe an alternate rhythm track panned slightly right, or even move the bass over there a bit if there's nothing else that's going to be over there(??) .....

Like I said though, ... that's a really nice groove!

Keep in mind that these comments are just my "opinion", and you have to do it the way that "YOU" like it.....keep up the good work!

Rick
# 4
quickfingers
quickfingers
01/09/2007 9:44 pm
yeah. haha. that song was basically just a groove thing i wanted to do...i was bored at the time. but yea, i cant specifically recall why i left the drums so up front in the beginning. i was more imagining it as a backing track rather than some kind of song, because personally nothing great came to mind while playing it though. whatever, haha.
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.