Wii Internet!

magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/22/2006 5:01 pm
Hooray! So they put out the trial version of the internet channel. Not bad but it takes awhile to type these messages.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
ren
ren
12/22/2006 5:16 pm
:cool:

They're like rocking horse crap in the UK... unless you're into £400 on ebay... :eek:

Have you played it online? Those controllers look like fun - do they 'work' with the games and make them better?

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/22/2006 5:27 pm
I'm gonna wait for the fullscreen Holodeck version.
2D is so 80's man...
# 3
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/22/2006 6:04 pm
Originally Posted by: ren:cool:

They're like rocking horse crap in the UK... unless you're into £400 on ebay... :eek:

Have you played it online? Those controllers look like fun - do they 'work' with the games and make them better?

They're supposed to ship alot more after the New Year so you won't have to wait for one long. If you want one that is.

They haven't released any game that is playable online yet. The first ones are supposed to be Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Mario Strikers. Due out first quarter 07.

As for the controls I have no real gripes. Some of the Spongebob ones are touchy but Zelda, Madden, Need for speed all have great response even when the batteries are low. I think it makes the gameplay better but it comes down to preference I suppose. I don't see why most people wouldn't enjoy it. Everyone who has played with my wii has loved it and came back for more. I still haven't gotten a FPS. I'm guessing those should be pretty interesting with the point and shoot ability. Resident Evil is the game I'm really looking forward to in that respect.

Schmange you should only be waiting about 6-7 years. :cool:
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 4
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
12/22/2006 7:44 pm
I cant tell much difference in the new PS3 or Wii. As far as the game look and play. Compaired to Xbox or the PS2. Although Wii is more hands on active which is kinda cool. But I think PS will be the VHS of the Beta game systems. Ya Know what Im sayin. ;)
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 5
acapella
acapella
12/22/2006 8:15 pm
Well, here's how it'll go down. Everybody who just wants to play games and doesn't really know much about a bunch of crap will get a 360. Everybody who likes Nintendo games already, or is poor, will get a Wii. All the elitist gamers who have to be the best will get the PS3 on account of the super-high price, supposedly better...innards...and low availability.

At any rate, the idea of Wii internet doesn't make much sense to me, but I guess it's cool if you're into that sort of thing. Personally I'll be sticking with my trusty GameCube for a while, although the possibility is still open for a drastically price-reduced PS2...
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 6
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/22/2006 8:24 pm
Yeah to be honest I won't be using the Wiinet very much. It might get used if my wife wants on the net while I'm on the PC but other than that I don't see a real use for it. Maybe for families who can't get another PC for the kids room or something.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.