View post (As a traveling musician, we sometimes take the wrong road...)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
09/14/2001 4:07 am
Music is our first love, in more ways than one. However, as human beings we constantly search for that one person who are we are compatible with. That one person that we can always count on, someone that we unconditinally love., However, it's very difficult to maintain a strong relationship when that person you love doesn't necessarily share your same taste in music.

Her constant bad vibes can ultimately drive a wedge between your creative intentions as a musician, it's not difference of opinion that really matters, but it's her inability to understand. I was going with this girl for years, but her constant bad vibes towards my music really added to our problemns toward the end. However, we eventually broke up, and for he life of me I can't underastand why she was so hesitant to undserstand that my music was important to me. I never knew my guitar was such a threat to her in more ways than one...

It's hard, especially when you look back and wonder if things could have worked out, somehow. However, as a traveling musician, (and a possible professional as the years progress,) do you feel it's definitely important to only start a relationship with someone who shares your same interests in music?

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."