View post (Movies of 2006)

View thread

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
12/22/2006 6:38 am
Wow, that's quite a bit. I used to watch a lot of movies when I worked at Blockbuster a long time ago, but not so much anymore.

A few I did see:
Flags of Our Fathers-emotional at times and incredible battle scenes, but the plotline is a tad fragmented between multiple timelines and characters. Still a moving picture with fresh perspective on WWII and our placement of heroes.
Batman Begins-maybe not new, but I just watched recently...better than any other of the series, with not much in common stylewise. Wouldn't mind a sequel of this new beginning, to which they hinted to of course.
Star Wars Ep 3-again, just got around to watching finally. I mildly like this epic series, but this one didn't hold the suspension of disbelief for me. Maybe too over the top at times, with mediocre acting.
The Breakup-my wife chose this one, and hey Jennifer Anniston seems to always show nip while Vince Vaughn is funny...but neither could save this flick. Horrible, and my wife agreed!
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation-came on a few days ago, but I'll still put it on again on Christmas Eve. Total classic!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]