Bands that changed history

rex_87_uk
rex_87_uk
12/22/2006 1:45 pm
its gota be mastodon....they are currently changing heavy metal single handedly...trust me...if you aint heard them get leviathan or blood mountain!
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
12/22/2006 2:40 pm
Originally Posted by: rex_87_ukits gota be mastodon....they are currently changing heavy metal single handedly...trust me...if you aint heard them get leviathan or blood mountain!

I've got Leviathan... but not Blood Mountain... and I have to be honest: They're not doing anything that isn't being, or hasn't been done. Great new metal band though... I just can't agree that they're CHANGING metal single handedly. Writing an entire album based on the story of Moby Dick is a pretty gnarly idea though... Very Prog-rock'ish of them.
# 2
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
12/22/2006 4:22 pm
Jimmy Hendrex He started it all!!!!!!!!!!! :D
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 3
polansky
polansky
12/22/2006 6:45 pm
To be honest, changing music it's hard task.

Some bands or artist served as breakthroug and helped to develop part of new styles of making specific types of music.

Example, Pantera, cause till now, you can hear Dime's influence in a lot of metal players out there, and Phillip Anselmo's style has some presence today.

Or take for instance Faith no More, pretty rocking band that helped more to the fusion metal/rap thing over the world (most people would quote Anthrax with public enemy but I think FNM is more integrated into the actuall concept).

So my point is, change the music it's something that's so relative cause, you can get nowdays things like from Bjork (pretty screwed girl but damn she has cool ideas) that are so new and fresh, but it doesn't get everyone.

For most of us (guitar players) today I can say Steve Vai has the upper hand in technic, music ideas, general musicianship... what the hell this guy CAN'T DO... nothing, I hate him for being that good.

I guess the "changing the shape of music all over" concept hasn't being done as deep as it was done by guys like Elvis or the Beatles since that time.

Music has an evolution and some pretty amazing things are happening right now, it's just that, how many of them we get to hear?, I belive we don't get them all, cause today you have to search for it, cause of the comunication and "global village" stuff that it's happening... waaaaayyyyy to much information.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.