View post (Does a weapon define a warrior?)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
12/09/2006 8:00 pm
I tend to agree with j.j. and alu. I don't think that the guitar neccessarily leads you to a style. I think that you, maybe subconsciously, already have a style in your mind when you start looking for a guitar. If you're more of a rock and roller, you've been listening to it for years, you know the sound and it's 'comfortable' to you. So you wander into your favorite music shop, pick up a few guitars, pick around a little and after a while, you hear that sweet spot in the guitar and it just feels and sounds 'right'.

I am not a very experienced guitar player so I could be totally off base here but at least that's how it seemed to me when I bought my Ibanez. I love blues, rock-a-billy and good ol' rock and roll. The Ibanez seemed to give me the sound that would fit what I liked.

Not to say that any other guitar wouldn't have, mind you. It just felt and sounded right. Now I know that many, many famous blues guitarists have played Strat's and Tele's and Epiphones and Pauls...and I don't recall many who play an Ibanez but still, it just seemed to fit with me.

Again, I may be totally off base. :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]