Tuning

blueswamps
blueswamps
12/08/2006 12:36 am
I have had les pauls and strats. which guitar stays tuned the longest. I am looking for a new one and I could use your help. I currently hace a esp ec1000, but I like the strats because of the narrow neck.
# 1
Ryan Buckner
Ryan Buckner
12/08/2006 4:21 am
How long the guitar stays in tune will depend on many things...how much you play, what gauge the strings are, how much the tremlo bar is used, etc. However, when you are selecting a guitar this shouldn't be a major issue, unless the brand or model you are buying is notorious for bad craftsmenship that causes it to detune or something to that extent. (Which you won't find as much in bigger name brands)

I would recommend trying out whichever guitars you are considering, and then choosing the one that you are most comfortable with..or the one that you has a good tone for you.
Ryan Buckner, Ysrafel
# 2
willrocksomeday
willrocksomeday
12/08/2006 8:50 am
Staying in tune depends more on the parts. Tremolo bars if used often will detune the guitar. The tailpiece is also important. TonePros makes a good locking tailstop. The tuners are very important. Grover probably makes the best locking tuners. The strings also need a period of breaking in after the guitar is restrung, so the guitar might need to be fine tuned a few times while playing. Floyd Rose makes bridges known for keeping in tune for a long period of time. String tension will help it stay in tune, several companies like Schecter make through body strings which increase string tension. I would say stay away from a tremolo or lock it down when not in use with a tremolo-no.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.