View post ("Who do you sound like?")

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
09/23/2001 1:38 am
Originally posted by Fenderblues
I am lucky, I have the voice and tone of a perfect singing angel...

That's good to hear, it's important as a vocalist to never quite feel complete. Always try new styles, new techniques. Although it's great to know that other's think you sound great, but what really matters ias how you feel, and if your comfortable. Our confidence can only last so long if it's based on what other's think. However, I wish my previous girlfriend would have been more sincere pertaining to my vocal abilities. Sometimes a little healthy criticism is all you need to get yourself on the right track.

Originally posted by strummonster
I'ts been said that sometimes my voice sounds like Kurt Cobain when i'm screaming or yelling. but other than that, i suck when i'm trying to vocalize.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that most musicians today rely on those screams to get them through the night. But personally, I would rather rely on my ear, and being able to carry a note. Because after a while, the screams just give us headaches, I'de love hear more balance in the music industry today (when it comes to male vocalists.) Could it be that Scott Stapp is the only one who can carry a note, there's got to be more!!!

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."