View post (Whats the deal?)

View thread

Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
11/22/2006 3:09 am
Originally Posted by: renHe's a triaxis user as I recall.... but yeah, his rig is insane, and much of it is custom built. Check this out...

Also, from an interview in Guitar World some years ago - not sure if it helps:

Clean setup:

Preamp mode = Rythm 1 yellow
gain = 6
treble = 6.5
middle = 3.5
bass = 3
lead 1 drive = 0
lead 2 drive = 0
master = 5.5
presence = 8
dynamic voice = 7
power amps set on deep and modern

Main Crunch Sound:

preamp mode = lead 1 red
gain = 6
treble = 6
middle = 5
bass = 4.5
lead 2 drive = 0
master = 4
presence = 6.5
power amps set on deep and modern

Lead:

preamp mode = lead 2 yellow (mark 2 lead sound)
gain = 7.5
treble =4.5
middle = 4
bass = 5.5
lead 1 drive = 0
lead 2 drive = 6.5
master = 6
presence = 0
dynamic voice = 3

that goes into a tc electronic 2290 delay. For the lead sound he uses 460 and 602 millisecond delays with about 3 repeats. For the crunch sound he uses a very short 26 ms delay he then uses a lexicon PCM-70 that runs of the loops on the 2290.

And for Mesa tone sucking, the guys there might be on the rectifier end of the spectrum.... maybe using too much gain at a guess... it's why the techs I know call the 'rectifriers'...

Very useful, yea they are rectifiersare they not very good or something, it confuses me i always thought they were supposed to be great.

But anyway, is this triaxis thing what JP uses to get his distortion tones? and say if i got one of these and plugged it into a cab ? would that work? and if i got something like this and a huge rack EQ could i make an accurate petrucci tone? i dont know if these questions are stupid or obvious but thanks for answering i think im near the light at the end of the tunnel of tone
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"