Victory!

earthman buck
earthman buck
11/16/2006 3:38 am
After about 5 years of changing strings in a sloppy and frustrating manner, I have learned how to do it right.

In the past, changing strings was my least favourite thing to do. It would enrage me like you would not believe. By the time I was done, it wasn't even worth all the anger, as the strings were loosely wound anyway.

But today, as I changed the strings on Aunt Pauline, I got it right, more or less. The only thing that went wrong is that the A string is only wound once around the tuner. But seeing as it was my first time changing strings properly, I think I did okay.

Yaaaaay!
# 1
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
11/16/2006 5:38 am
woot...i did a sloppy job too when i first changed strings on my acoustic...but it still worked..so im not complaining...
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
11/16/2006 9:26 pm
I used to not have wound enough string around my pegs that on my old guitar, the high e would unravel off and I'd have to open a new pack. I never make that mistake anymore, thank god. I've read in guitar world, as well online, that your spuppose to do this thing where yout ie the string down like a knot after you pass it through te post. I tried that and it took me 30 min to get the strings off when I had to change them again, forget that. I just point the string up when I put it through the post, and start turning the knob. I usually get at least 3 or 4 wraps depending on the string size. Almost never goes out of tune (as long as I stretch them properly) and never slip off.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
11/16/2006 11:30 pm
Yep, there's a lot of different ways to string 'em, but I just measure to the next peg for slack, then put 2 opposite angle bends, and wind 'em up.

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.