Cabin Fever

quickfingers
quickfingers
11/11/2006 2:03 am
so winter's approaching, and as guitarists this is more commonly known as "hell" for the next 3 months. unless you live in a sunshine state, chances are youre going to be waking up and going to sleep with half-frozen fingers. our lovely Washington weather has kicked in early this year; its rained for 10 days nonstop, with one day of pure sunshine in the middle of it all. ontop of that, its god-awful cold already, and im feeling the pain that winter can bring.

the lack of modivation that we will sometimes get in winter is the most irritating. theres nothing like little rainy days and cold, long nights to make you want to suck cold hard lead every once in a while, so getting around to guitar can be more difficult. i can honestly say that while i play guitar every day religiously, i have not actually sat down and worked on speed exercises, technique, or any real practice outside learning some randy rhoads solos in about 3 weeks. sad? of course! anyone else have horror stories of winter guitar playing?
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 1
earthman buck
earthman buck
11/11/2006 2:34 am
Originally Posted by: quickfingersanyone else have horror stories of winter guitar playing?

Um, yes. My band practices in an uninsulated garage in the heart of rural Manitoba. You don't know how cold you can be until you try to make your fingers play music in sub-freezing temperatures.
# 2
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
11/11/2006 4:13 am
Ya, man. I work outside all day in the cold fixing stuff and splitting wood and whatnot. My hands are a mess by the end of the day. I go to play guitar and am just like...f*** it. :(
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.