View post (*attention Grabbing Title*)

View thread

earthman buck
earthman buck
11/07/2006 3:47 am
Originally Posted by: jeffhx3 days...thats quite alot of pressure..i went on youtube and checked sonic youth out...i sorta have an idea how it might sound like...the lyrics are pretty short...im not sure if you're going to play it slow...but one thing ive realised is that playing too slow tend to bore listeners out...but thats if you're playing considerably slow...the lyrics are great so far the rythm in the first verse is great..but maybe u shud put more in near the end? i guess experimenting cud be fun..having a death metal-ish chorus...it can be tricky to pull off i guess...id say keep developing it...but it depends on how you want it to sound like...

Well, I have kind of a bridge thing that I could put lyrics to....or not. I've sorta set it aside as a back-up chorus in case this death metal one doesn't work out, which I'm not certain it will. I was thinking for the end we should just keep with the Sonic Youthiness and kinda go wild with the dissonance.

I would have written more lyrics, but it's extremely hard for me to come up with stuff that I find interesting without sounding pretentious. I'm not so convinced I've done it with the words I have there, anyway. :rolleyes: