View post (Blues Musicians!!!)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
11/13/2006 8:05 pm
It kind of goes unspoken... but I noticed that his name hasn't been brought up yet so I figured someone HAD to put his name in this thread... It would be an outrage if someone didn't... So I'm going to say Stevie Ray Vaughan... I lef thim off my list earlier because he's pretty much a given as one of the best ever... He's my personal all time favorite... The other 3 I listed are some newer ones that I've come to like in the last 3 years or so...

I will also list...... I know some will cringe but I've seen him and his Trio live at the House of Blues in Chicago and he really can wail the blues.... But John Mayer... I love his approach to the blues... His covers of Axis Bold as Love, Wait Until Tomorrow, Lenny, and I Got A Woman are as soulful as the original recordings... but they still sound almost completely different.

His new album blends pop, jazz, and the blues together and it really sounds great.... I know most people can't get passed John Mayer - the pop icon.... But if you've heard his John Mayer Trio album or his new album... which features Axis Bold as Love and his own bluesy song "Gravity".... You should know what I'm talking about.