View post (Jolly writes a story)

View thread

Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/01/2006 2:45 pm
Originally Posted by: zreynoldspIt's also possible that after all the years I spent with my head in a book / reading criticism / discussing / blah that I've just had my fill of this end of the spectrum...

Either way, much respect for putting it out there for us.... nuts on the block so to speak.... :D

I personally found it difficult to modify the very complex use of language in essays / academic discussions etc, so as to make it more accessible for the majority of people who don't want to 'work' to enjoy reading... if that's the best way to phrase it...

And.... I'm not saying I could do better either dude...

Nuts have to go on the block; they always can be sewn back on. I see what you mean. I've tried to give the language a tonailty, some way of coming off the tongue, that allows those who don't want to have to work for some deeper meaning (which, by the way is a perfectly reasonable and EQUALLY valid approach to the one I prefer) to be able to still get through and enjoy it. I'm glad you enjoyed it on the second run-through. I'm hoping it was the touch-ups I did on the language...

Also, don't worry, I'm never going to take offense to well-meant criticism. God knows I'll never say "Why don't YOU try writing something better!?" That's not a constructive way to improve my writing, and it's a fantastic way to say it to someone who can and will write something better.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...