View post (Jolly writes a story)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
10/31/2006 3:41 am
Interesting. Nice use of imagery. Yeah, it's a little dark and cynical but that's the voice the piece calls for I would think. I suspect that Tommis is a very angry, bitter young-man? An artist in search of a soul? A young man wrestling with the eternal question: "Is sex the only true art that man can master?" Sees the degeneration of mans attempts to paint those amazing feelings onto canvas or chiseling them into stone?

Perhaps a young man with a broken heart listening to the wild throes of someone else while sitting in a decaying chapel of mans mockery of all things beautiful?

Jolly, this reminds me of early Tom Wolfe (pre-Bonfire of the Vanities. Back when he was the master of modern day stream of consciousness writing. Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test or The Pumphouse Gang.... [The original master of this sort was James Joyce. Try and hack your way through Ullyses sometime. Geez. I've tried at least a dozen times and can't get past the first thirty pages before I want to pull my eyes out. If you've read it and enjoyed it, God bless you.])

I think it's a good piece. Keep going. I want to see where this goes.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]