View post (sweep picking?)

View thread

Superhuman
Superhuman
11/20/2006 5:46 pm
Originally Posted by: buckethead14yes it is true that random ntoew is flat out not good but as i satrter i became frusturated so i just hit random notes jsut to get the feel then whent one to three string triads...and then adding notes to that...and that how far i got..

i was just giving a real begginer tip..just get the sound and feel of hitting a ntoe per string then start looking at the music theory and sutff that deals with true arpeggios

It's all good, wasn't putting you down - once you link the left and right hand you get a part of the puzzle, its just trying to get everything else that's the real trick. Having spent a long time trying to get my shred to where it's at now (still plenty of room for improvement) I wish I knew then what I know now. I would have approached practice a lot differently and would have focused on becoming technically perfect at very slow speeds first. Sometimes I feel like I would love to give lessons to guys starting out to help them finbd the short cuts to nailing techniques... but then again, I'm not much of a teacher!