Iron Maiden Tour

dvenetian
dvenetian
10/27/2006 10:05 am
Saw Maiden's sold out gig in Southern California, the last show of their US tour on Sat. Oct. 21st. They opened and played their entire new release, 1 thru 10, then added some classics I've seen before. I was blown away by how they re-invented themselves, incorporating 3 guitarists (all insane) switching from acoustic, clean electric and hardcore metal @ the drop of a dime!!!!!! Tight and on the mark, while creating a new sound I had not seen from past shows. Any guitar players dream, for sure. They seemed more political on this tour, including Eddie with his M-16 and the on stage gigantic Tank that rose behind the drum set, but I must say that not being familiar with the new release caused me to purchase "A Matter Of Life And Death".
I think it's the best album "in a guitarist's view" that Maiden has ever produced. Seeing a sold out gig in So. Cal. with THOUSANDS of fans, not advertised, even on radio, shows the following that this band carries. I must say that I think it's better that way. Maiden Rules!!!!!!
Go see them next time around, They will blow you away!!!!!!!!
# 1
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
10/27/2006 1:13 pm
I got to see them and accept on the power slave tour Huge Fan they are great live.
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 2
aschleman
aschleman
10/27/2006 1:33 pm
Saw them headline Ozzfest last year since Ozzy and Black Sabbath canceled their appearance at the show I was at..... Never was real into them but they do put on a killer show.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.