View post (The only time Jolly McJollyson has discussed his personal problems)

View thread

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
10/29/2006 6:49 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOneI used to be really angry, very quick to yell at people, berate, threaten, etc., and had a friend who'd had the same problem; he has a good decade on me, and I listened to his advice: just take two seconds before you react, before you say anything. Just give yourself a couple seconds to ask yourself if there's really any point in being angry, pissed off, flippant, sarcastic, snotty, etc in the situation you're in. I guess part of it for me was that I went through the earlier part of my currently-brief life just not really talking to other people if at all possible, and then only really started being outgoing when i felt threatened (which was mainly a result of my introversion). So the only time I really dealt with other people unless I really had to was when I wanted to make it clear I was not someone to mess with.

I think that people confuse political correctness with politeness. You can refer to someone's ethnicity or culture or gender or whatever without being impolite or rude, and IMHO we should celebrate differences and not shy away rom the reality of them, and because of that, political correctness is by and large worthless. We should focus on being civil, not on being retarded.

I have never agreed with you more about anything! I too tend to be very introverted, unless provoked. However, I tend to lash out in a hurtful way without thinking about what I'm saying. I've hurt and offended a lot of people because of this. Taking a few seconds to think about what you're going to say is one of the hardest things to do for me, but I try. I get stressed out very easily, and during that time is when I'm most likely to go way overboard. I also apologize if I have ever offended anyone on here. It was definitely not my intention. :o
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<