View post (The only time Jolly McJollyson has discussed his personal problems)

View thread

ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
10/26/2006 1:48 am
Originally Posted by: hunter60
I sometimes wonder if we're not just a little too sensitive in this country and that's what leads to these sorts of things. I mean, we spend so much time trying to avoid offending people that eventually it just spills out into other areas and other ways.
[/QUOTE]

Ha, was gonna quote this before i read pony's post...

That is one of the most sensible things I've heard in a long time. It sucks always having to watch what you say and be sensitive. You're supposed to feel bad when you say merry christmas to a muslim, you have to avoid certain issues around certain people...and ugh...like Hunter said it 'spills out into other areas and ways'.

Good job on the apology. It definately doesn't come off (I hope) in these boards...but I'm just like that. Sarcastic towards what I deem to be idiocy and getting burned for it. I've been confronted several times about...I guess I just feel that i refuse to act dumb for people like everyone else.

The time when ripping on things people say becomes negative is when people become too afraid to say anything for fear of being laughed at. It really bars creativity and whatnot.

*****Unrelated Point*****
[QUOTE=PonyOne]
I think that people confuse political correctness with politeness. You can refer to someone's ethnicity or culture or gender or whatever without being impolite or rude, and IMHO we should celebrate differences and not shy away rom the reality of them, and because of that, political correctness is by and large worthless. We should focus on being civil, not on being retarded.

Ya. But...ha you have to agree they did go a little far on the new Survivor, when they seperated the tribes by race. What am I supposed to do? Sit infront of my tv and yell "White Power!" or "Down witht the Chinese?"
It just seems funny to me.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB