View post (The only time Jolly McJollyson has discussed his personal problems)

View thread

Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/25/2006 8:07 pm
Originally Posted by: JFRICKthe one thing that has helped me control my anger is to think rationally before I'd respond to whatever ticked me off....[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm aiming to do some cognitive restructuring, as is the technical term for a lot of that kind of thinking.

Originally Posted by: earthman buckI too enjoy your sarcasm at times, but I have to admit that when it's directed at me I feel like an idiot. I can deal with that sort of thing, but I don't know if others can. I think it's good you're putting it out there.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, that's the problem. Sarcasm is hilarious, but I need to use it in a dry sense, not directed towards someone in an agressive manner with the purpose of demeaning.

[QUOTE=acapella]The thing with me is, I never held it against you because you were always right. The really weird thing is that just today I wrote about you in a Catcher in the Rye assignment we were doing. I compared you to Carl Luce and said basically that you're both impatient and intolerant of stupidity, and say really smart stuff. I'll show you if you want but that was basically it. Yeah, I still likes ya.

That's really flattering, actually. I would like to see how you worked that into an assignment... Seems like it would be pretty difficult to do smoothly. But whether or not I'm right in my statements, it's the manner in which they're delivered that can hurt others. Not only that, but even when I don't lash out, the fact that I get very angry about mundane, ludicrous things is a problem that hurts me as well, by limiting my ability to function.

[QUOTE=jiujitsu_jesus]I admire you for having the courage to admit it to so many people. Well done, my friend.

Thanks for the support, but don't worry about admiration, haha. Honestly it was hard to admit it to myself. But I found it incredibly liberating to admit to others once I acknowledged its existence. I've never brought personal problems on to this board, just personally don't think it's an appropriate place. I tend to take up anything personal with people I know and can talk to face-to-face, because I think it's a matter of perspective. However, since at times I've been very passive aggressive and even snappy on the board, I figured you guys had enough perspective on the situation for me to say something about it.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...