Johnson guitars

Krunek
Krunek
10/23/2006 9:47 am
Well, I was browsing the net yesterday, as I do these days, cause I still haven"t bought my so wanted guitar with a Floyd, although it is a matter of week or two now... And I found this ridiculously cheap Johnson.
Here is the site, although it doesn"t give much information about the guitar itself.
www.musicmax.hr
If anyone has some spare time, check it out. When it loads, just click on the second title in line where it saes GITARE. Second one is the one I was intrigued with... 24 frets, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, doesn"t say what
kind of wood is body made from. And it has two "buckers, which I really don"t like... But, man the price is unbelieveable. Totally cheap. For that kind of money, you couldn"t get lowest end Ibanez with a Floyd. No way.
So, my question is (sorry for the long intro... :) ) could it be any good?
I shall go and check it out no matter, but if anyone acountered guitars from johnson before? I mean, I really don"t like two humbuckers thing, but if it is
decent (stays in tune and gives some sustain, can"t expect more for that money, I will get it.) There is a saying in Croatia that says: Kolko para, tolko muzike... Roughly translated, it says; the amount of money equals the amount of music... Yeah, I know. But it is so darn cheap, and money is big issue to me these days (for past 27 years, that is ;) ) So, any feedback on the matter?
# 1
ren
ren
10/23/2006 10:07 am
I don't have experience of these, but I wouldn't expect a guitar that cheap to stay in tune...

I couldn't find anything on the model you mention, but i found all these on harmony central to give you an idea of the company overall....

Try before you buy....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2
Krunek
Krunek
10/24/2006 9:11 am
Originally Posted by: zreynoldspI don't have experience of these, but I wouldn't expect a guitar that cheap to stay in tune...

I couldn't find anything on the model you mention, but i found all these on harmony central to give you an idea of the company overall....

Try before you buy....

Check this out... the specs are unbelieveable, at this price. This is the cheapest guitar with a floyd I found in all Croatia.
www.johnsongtr.com/Catalyst.113.0.html

If it is at all good, I am buying it... it costs about 250 USD here... plus a discount 10 % for cash. At least i hope so... ;)
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.