View post (2x12 About to buy..need advice.)

View thread

jreach
I am the Great Cornholio!
jreach
I am the Great Cornholio!
10/18/2006 12:26 pm
PRS - Thanks for the reply. I had considered doing just that, but after giving it alot of thought was really wanting to step up to a 2x12/2x10 for the stereo sound. Also, although I did play through my pod xt with my Peavy, I am not sure when playing live if I would do that as I do not have a pedal control unit for the pod and changing setup would be a pain, except maybe for a whole set or something.

When I looked at the Behringer 2x12 I figured it would meet my imediate needs and future needs for about a 2 year time frame. After which I will be in the hunt for a good tube 2x12 or half stack.

Anyhow, I have read alot of good reviews on th Behringer amp but last night I was at Guitarlodge and they blasted anything Behringer. Now, I don't know if its because Behringer is crap or if it was because they are not a Vox or Crate.

By the way I tried a Crate 2x12 (forget the model) and it was great for heavy crunch but the clean was horrid. Might have been a bad amp or my crappy setup at the GC. I also tried the Line 6 Spider 2x12 and it was sweet, just a bit pricey (wife is holding me to 250 for this purchase) and not sure how much better it would be than the Behringer.
I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it. That's technical talk.
—SRV