houston police taze a bunch of kids at a show

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
10/16/2006 5:52 am
http://myspace.com/hpd_has_problems

okay so it was actually one musician(not sure of his age..didn't seem too old), one 14 year old kid and accidentally tazered the kid's dad as well.

one of the things that struck me as really incendiary and something that really indicates the cop was looking to start trouble was when he aggressively grabbed at the kid's guitar.

i don't know about you guys but if i was trying to talk to a cop and find out what the hell was going on and he just grabbed at my guitar, i'd more likely than not take a swing at him.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 1
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
10/16/2006 5:57 am
oh yeah, also forgot, in his little power rage deal...he shoved some kid into a 90 old upright bass and broke it.

can't people be killed for such crimes in some musical areas?
# 2
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
10/16/2006 6:14 am
That's disgusting, that policeman should be sacked, IMO. We had something similar to that, but nowhere near as bad, here in Sydney, the other day. There was a huge under-18s dance gig, and a fight broke out between a few kids. The cops came in, broke up the scuffle with capsicum spray, and ordered people to start leaving. Or something like that.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 3
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
10/16/2006 6:41 am
wow the videos there pissed me off...what did they do wrong?
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 4
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
10/16/2006 6:56 am
noise complaint...and instead of going to the promoter, the cop confronted the sound guy then the band.
# 5
rockonn91
rockonn91
10/16/2006 8:10 pm
Originally Posted by: tehplatypusnoise complaint...and instead of going to the promoter, the cop confronted the sound guy then the band.

and even then, at least wait until the song is over or something...
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 6
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/17/2006 12:37 am
Originally Posted by: tehplatypushttp://myspace.com/hpd_has_problems

okay so it was actually one musician(not sure of his age..didn't seem too old), one 14 year old kid and accidentally tazered the kid's dad as well.

one of the things that struck me as really incendiary and something that really indicates the cop was looking to start trouble was when he aggressively grabbed at the kid's guitar.

i don't know about you guys but if i was trying to talk to a cop and find out what the hell was going on and he just grabbed at my guitar, i'd more likely than not take a swing at him.

The link came up as invalid user id. :(

But cops are getting more and more power hungry each year. Like at local shows, fights can break out but people always break it up within seconds, if cops were present and a fight broke out, it would probably still only last a few seconds, but there would be a helluva lot more injured people. We wouldn't hesitate to tackle a cop or two if they're beatin on a kid over nothing.

I think the problem is parents that hear about local shows from the news/interent/family and panic, so they decide to complain during township meetings so "something" can be done.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.