Colleges

lyricchic
lyricchic
10/15/2006 1:46 am
Hey guys,

I've just started looking for colleges to apply to, pretty much anywhere in the US. I was curious, where'd y'all go to school? Or where are you going? I'm just getting info on all I can, so if anyone has suggestions on kick-ass schools, lemme know. Thanks! ;)
Don't worry. I shred.
# 1
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
10/15/2006 6:18 pm
Arizona State Sun Devils, baby! By population it's the biggest school in the country, and that can be an intimidating statistic. But the truth is that there is something for everyone at ASU. We are consistenty ranked as a top party school and there are a ton of cool things to do in and around Tempe. I've been to quite a few "college towns" and Tempe is by far the nicest. What kind of degree are u thinking about pursuing? Drop me a line if you wanna know more cuz i see that ur location says Arizona.
# 2
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
10/15/2006 6:45 pm
I'm going to Shepherd University in West Virginia right now.

# 3
83261_sid
83261_sid
10/15/2006 8:57 pm
SANTA ROSA COMUNITY COLlEGE!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!! just kidding
# 4
lyricchic
lyricchic
10/16/2006 1:41 am
Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709Arizona State Sun Devils, baby! By population it's the biggest school in the country, and that can be an intimidating statistic. But the truth is that there is something for everyone at ASU. We are consistenty ranked as a top party school and there are a ton of cool things to do in and around Tempe. I've been to quite a few "college towns" and Tempe is by far the nicest. What kind of degree are u thinking about pursuing? Drop me a line if you wanna know more cuz i see that ur location says Arizona.

Lol, I don't know what drop you a line means. Oh well, yeah, I'm in phoenix, I used to row at tempe town lake. I'm going for pre-med.
Don't worry. I shred.
# 5
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
10/16/2006 4:56 am
well i guess if u've been living in Phoenix then ASU really isn't that exciting to you, but i come from the east coast and ASU is so much nicer than UMD or other schools ive been to around there. Do u have any interest in going there or what?

btw can anyone think of another way to put "drop me a line"? its like "get back to me", "holler back", something along those lines
# 6
lyricchic
lyricchic
10/16/2006 4:11 pm
Tell you the truth I've never been to the east coast. I'm thinking asu or u of a, or maybe texas or california if I miraculously come up with enough cash for out-of-state tuition. Lol. Did you like it at asu? It seems huge.
Don't worry. I shred.
# 7
aschleman
aschleman
10/16/2006 5:12 pm
I attend Purdue University right now... I'm studying Mechanical Engineering... we don't have a med program... Purdue is an awesome school to go to. I've been to all the Big Ten campus' and the only other school I would probably go to besides Purdue would be Penn State or Michigan....

In all honesty though... I know you're in Arizona and not looking at moving far away... But Indiana University has one of the best Med programs in the country. That's the reason that no school in this area even has a med program... In the Mid West there are two awesome Med programs that you should check out if you're serious about Pre-Med and about going to a school that is prestigious in the Medical fields... Check out Northwestern University... it's located in the North suburbs of Chicago... it's an awesome school... Pretty tought to get into though... And like I said, IU. Hope you figure it out. Good Luck with the decision making process... don't let it overwhelm you.
# 8
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
10/16/2006 6:54 pm
Originally Posted by: lyricchicTell you the truth I've never been to the east coast. I'm thinking asu or u of a, or maybe texas or california if I miraculously come up with enough cash for out-of-state tuition. Lol. Did you like it at asu? It seems huge.

I think ASU is awesome and I am still attending. The campus is beautiful and there are a million different clubs and activities to take part it. There are ton of parties every weekend. And if that's not ur scene, there's plenty else to do. As with any big school, students will have some complaints about the administration, tuition, etc. but it's not a big deal really. The thing about ASU is that it's important to choose the right major. Theres a ton of English majors, communication majors, marketing majors, you know? There are great engineering programs and business programs. Since you want to go pre-med im assuming you'll major in some sort of physical or life science which are also good programs. Some of the research and lab facilities are incredible here. My friend who graduated last semester was a chemistry major and he got a full-ride scholarship to medical school back in his home-state. Im probably giving you more info than you were looking for, but I figured if ASU is somewhere you're thinking of then it's good to know. Visit ASu and UA and see what you think.
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.