View post (Ibanez vs. Fender)

View thread

gibsonlp1960
gibsonlp1960
09/12/2001 2:55 am
Fenders are great... so is ibanez. Ibanez is low priced with a good enough tone, the Fenders are more pricey, but they do have a considerable amount of better sound. like they were syaying before, the natural tone is great. I think if anything i'd go for the telecaster. But to me, if you want the real deal, its a Gibson. It doesn't matter what youre lookin to play theres a guitar for evey style....even Korn...if you consider that a 'style' rather and a noise.
The fact to me is that the Gibson has the great natural tone, and theres many types of set ups you can have elctronically, coil tapping to get those single coil tones and such. Fenders do have their own sound which is ideal for certain songs, but you can come damn close, if not better with a Gibson. If youre lookin for low price with a great sound, im Ibanez all the way. But if you dont mind putting a dent in your wallet for the real deal get a fender or even better get a Gibson. (and dont buy epiphone god they suck, get an ibanez if someone tells you an epiphone is gonna sound like a gibson smack them)

You wanna see a real fender in action, look up the video of Jimmy Page playing in the BBC sessions. But look... even he turned to Gibson after that.