CD Review ideas

jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
10/04/2006 8:23 pm
Okay, seeing as I'm to be writing the CD review for the upcoming revamped GT newsletters, I'd like to get an idea of what CDs you would like reviewed. Would you like me to review newer CDs, or revisit older ones that some may not have heard of, or perhaps a bit of both? I was thinking that for this coming month I could do the new Maiden album, as I just got it yesterday; but if we want to do older CDs, I need some ideas as to which ones you would like to see revisited over the coming months.
If you have written a review of a CD yourself, and wish to see it published in the newsletter, please feel free to send it to me: [email]jiujitsu_jesus at hotmail.com[/email].
Cheers,
jiujitsu.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 1
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
10/04/2006 10:49 pm
not a bad idea! are there certain guidelines to follow? what should the structure be?
# 2
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
10/04/2006 10:52 pm
spam bots search the web for email addresses put in web pages and then spam you forever.

Better to reveal your email addr this way:

jiujitsu_jesus (you know, at!) hotmail.com

jiujitsu_jesus (spam-safe) at hotmail.com

my two cents: could be interesting to see a review of a band doing well without a label via internet self promotion.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
10/05/2006 12:34 am
I sent a PM to Zreynoldsp about the possible structure of the reviews. I'd have about two to three paragraphs on a CD or two, with ratings out of ten for each one, or perhaps star ratings. Then there'd be a paragraph summarising other releases of interest. I like Jon's idea about unsigned bands; perhaps the other paragraph could be devoted to unsigned and online releases and postings? That way, we could also include GT members' bands from time to time.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 4
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
10/05/2006 3:56 am
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusI sent a PM to Zreynoldsp about the possible structure of the reviews. I'd have about two to three paragraphs on a CD or two, with ratings out of ten for each one, or perhaps star ratings. Then there'd be a paragraph summarising other releases of interest. I like Jon's idea about unsigned bands; perhaps the other paragraph could be devoted to unsigned and online releases and postings? That way, we could also include GT members' bands from time to time.

That sounds great. Go with it and have fun.

Adding GT member band profiles or GT member band CD reviews sounds good.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
acapella
acapella
10/10/2006 3:26 pm
In my opinion, if you did review an old CD it should be as a seperate feature of the CD review article. For example, you could do one "new CD of the month", one "classic CD of the month", and an unsigned band or something.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 6
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
10/10/2006 7:12 pm
Originally Posted by: acapellaIn my opinion, if you did review an old CD it should be as a seperate feature of the CD review article. For example, you could do one "new CD of the month", one "classic CD of the month", and an unsigned band or something.

Good idea; but unfortunately, I think I'll only have time to review one CD per month :(. So the CD review will either be headlined "New CD of the Month" or "Classic CD of the Month" instead.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.