View post (Doin' the Shimmy Shake in my boots)

View thread

BadHorsie
BadHorsie
07/11/2000 2:49 am
You know, I've always thought it was funny when people faint or get nervous when they meet someone famous. But something pretty funny happened to me the other day. I remember it well (probably because it was yesterday), I was waiting for the Guitarmageddon competition to begin when I suddenly saw him walking up the stairs right towards me. "Who was it BadHorsie? Who was this mystical man you are telling us of,". Well I'll tell you if you're going to twist my leg about it, GEEZ! This man I am telling you about is... the one and only Steve Vai! Yes, that's right, Steve Vai! Somehow, someway, all I could think of to say was, "Wow! Steve Vai! You're my favorite guitarist! It's so nice to meet you,". For the rest of the show I sat behing Steve, Randy Rhodes mom, and Paul Gilbert. I kinda felt like an idiot for not having anything better to say, but I figured he probably gets a lot of stupid comments and would end up getting pretty annoyed with small talk. Anybody else had this happen? Please tell me if you have so I don't feel like an a$$. And if it hasn't happened to you, feel free to make up a story .

------------------
BadHorsie, holdin' it down like Gravity!
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!